By (guest blogger!) Liz Peterson
Happy end-of-Bachelor-season to you and yours, friends!
It’s funny how quickly things that were so important (or at the very least, fascinating) can become obsolete. Like this season of The Bachelor, for example. I’m sure that none of you have thought about Bachelor Sean since Wednesday, at the latest. (I say Wednesday because that’s when I talked to my mom about the show, and she was the last person I talked to about it.)
It was a good run: two nice girls made it to the end of the season, Sean is apparently happy and getting married asap, and The Bachelor ended just as spring is *supposed* to begin. All is right in the world. But let’s back up a couple of steps anyway, shall we?
The Women Tell All –
Back in the 2000-2001 school year, I was a freshmen at Concordia College in Moorhead, MN, and I lived two doors down from a great girl from Northfield, MN, named Bri Seeley. Fast-forward twelve years. Bri is an up-and-coming designer; in fact, this fall she was named Designer of the Year at the Phoenix Fashion Week. Just a few weeks ago, Bri moved from Seattle to LA because her career is continuing to grow (and by “grow,” I mean “explode.”) I have been a huge fan of Bri since the very beginning, and I have been saying for years (REALLY!) that she is going to be a household name someday.
Why is this important, you ask?
Because Bri designed the dress that Kacie B. wore on the Women Tell All show! WOOT! Here’s an image of the dress, via Bri’s Instagram:
Here’s a pic of the full dress before Bri shipped it to Kacie B. Beautiful!
Bach fans, you heard it here first: Bri Seeley is a hot designer who will impact the fashion industry in the US. Check out her work here: http://www.briseeley.com/
Other important notes from the Women Tell All:
- Tierra’s eyebrow — ’nuff said.
- Tierra’s huge rock of an engagement — I am fascinated by the man who proposed to Tierra.
- Tierra’s weird, continued deflection — she is just sure that none of the drama was her fault! She will NOT apologize!
- AshLee’s crazy– It got the best of her, and she called Sean out in front of America. I wasn’t quite sure what to think of all of that. AshLee was convinced that Sean had told her, while they were spending time in the fantasy suite, that she had nothing to worry about, but it’s debatable whether or not he actually said that or if AshLee just heard what she wanted to hear. Poor Sean. I’m not sure that his whole “spending time just talking in the fantasy suite” plan worked out very well for him, after all. :)
Last Monday was the night we’ve all been waiting for: The Final Rose. Prior to this show, many of my friends emailed me to share their final prediction. Everyone was pretty split on whether Sean would choose Catherine or Lindsay. I was pretty sure he was going to pick Lindsay. And I was even more confident in my prediction after watching the final dates. Sean seemed much more attracted to and comfortable around Lindsay, and then there was that horrible scene where Catherine was crying and upset after her date with Sean. There was NO WAY he was going to propose to Catherine after awkwardly telling her, “Today was fun!” in response to her tears. Let’s just pause for a moment and recognize the power of good editing. Great job, Bach producers! You had us all fooled!
And then there was The Letter.. and all of America thought that The Letter was a break-up note from Catherine, especially after Sean sent Lindsay home.
And the letter was from Catherine! Dun dun dunnn….
But it was a love letter. So in the end, Sean said good-bye to Lindsay and proposed to Catherine. Then they rode off on an elephant into the sunset. I turned to my husband and said, “Why didn’t YOU arrange an elephant for our proposal?” He said, “I brought a pit bull!” Which he did. And we love that pit bull, so it’s all good.
I stayed up for the After the Rose special, which was a commitment coming off of Spring Forward the night before. A few thoughts about this:
- Catherine is seriously beautiful. She looked even better on Monday night, on live TV, than she had on The Bachelor.
- I have NEVER seen someone become more gracious, more sincere, and more thoughtful throughout a Bachelor season… but Lindsay ROCKED the final interview. Wow! To go from being a drunk bride (episode one) to a self-respecting #2 was pretty impressive.
- The “late breaking news” (which Chris Harrison said at least two dozen times — seriously, he is getting worse at his job, right?) is that Sean and Catherine are getting married asap on ABC (hey, that rhymes!). Since I’ve been wrong about nearly everything on this season, I have decided that they are actually in love and will actually last. (See what I did there? I’m trying to play a psychological trick on myself! If I say that they WILL last, then they WON’T last… oh never mind.) Also, Chris Harrison is apparently an ordained minister and offered to marry them. Yay??
- And finally, our girl DEZ is going to be the next Bachelorette! Yay!
Bri Seeley was a featured advertisement in February’s issue of Poshy Magazine – check out the entire issue HERE
Bri was featured in an online feature for NW Beauty Magazine where she talks about her personal life and designs!
Read more HERE
Our very own Bri Seeley was featured in November’s issue of Seattle Magazine as one of the most interesting singles in the area! Read all about it HERE
We made the cover of Bri’s hometown newspaper! Read the full story HERE
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- October 2010
- September 2010
- August 2010
- July 2010
- June 2010
- May 2010
- April 2010
- March 2010